Tom O'Brien has a passion for service working with a wide range of not-for-profit organizations locally and nationally.
The Bedford Village Historic District Commission
- Appointed Commission member from 2010 to 2016.
- The Commission is an Architectural Review Board which reviews all construction and signage to assure historic correctness in the Bedford Landmarked Historic District.
Boys & Girls Club of Northern Westchester - Mt. Kisco, NY
- Served as a member of the Board of Directors from 2001 to 2015, chairing multiple committees and acted as the Board President from 2010-2012.
Boys and Girls Club of Harlem
- Member of the Board of Directors 2012-2017.
The Lagond Music School - Elmsford, NY
- President of the Board of Directors from 2006-2009 for the not-for-profit music school.
Habitat for Humanity
- Volunteer carpenter on several sites in Westchester County. Project Captain on a house renovation, as well as the design and building of a new residence in Bedford, NY in 2012.
Saratoga War Horse - Saratoga, NY
- Active in board development and staff coaching since 2016.
The Great Oak Aiken Therapeutic Equestrian Center - Aiken, SC
- Designed handicapped-accessible equestrian facility, including indoor ring, eight stalls, offices and observation area. Completed in 2017.